So Rina @ Juggling Act of Life has given me my first award. She has found my writing to be ‘a balanced perspective’ – Thanks Cat, I’m quite happy with that description! :) And I feel rather special being included in an award!
Rules as follows:
1. Include the award logo in your post or on your blog
2. Say 7 random things about yourself that the readers don’t know yet
3. Nominate 5 – 10 other blogs you usually follow
4. Let the nominees know that they are nominated & include their blog-links
5. Link the person who nominated you
Because this is my first of this kind, #2 should be fairly easy for me to complete.
7 Random things you don’t know yet
1. I have a nut allergy. I’m also allergic to bean sprouts and micro greens. However I CAN eat pecan nuts! But all others almost kill me!
2. I was born with 12 fingers! The extra fingers were attached to my pinkie so they were just tied and left to fall off. So no deformity to my hands!
3. I was Dux Scholar, Head Girl, Sports Woman of the Year in Primary school. I was a good all rounder culturally, academically and in sports. You can see where my expectations of my boys come from!
4. I used to manage South African metal bands – a long time ago. I’m glad I no longer do! The politics drove me bonkers!
5. I was married before. I got married at 20 and was divorced by 22! So this is my 2nd marriage.
6. I love earrings! I do not leave the house without them – if I do it’s purely because I was running late and busy with too many things at once. The sad part is – I tend to get attached to 1 pair – so the others take a back seat – even though I love them too!
7. I have counting OCD! I count everything that has sides or patterns. I count when climbing stairs, I count to 25 when stirring my tea, most things I count are normally in 3′s. If the pattern doesn’t work out equally by counting in 2′s or 3′s or 4′s and there’s a spare ’tile’ for example – I’ll count again in different ways to make it work! When I look at peoples faces I count “2 eyes, 2 eyebrows, 2 nostrils, 2 ears, 2 lips” – it equals 10 in total! So if you talk to me face to face – know that I’m counting – but I do still listen!
I count the road markings when we drive (when other people drive that is). I count street lamps. I count shape sides – when I watch TV I count the sides of the TV over and Over and OVER! I can get very despondent sometimes because it has made me feel really down when it reaches it’s peak.
Nominate 5-10 Bloggers I follow
Look forward to reading some more from the blogging community! Hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better!